The weddings in this resort are held in the elegant ceremony room in the town hall. This location is situated in upper Gardone, which is approximately 8 minutes walk from the lake side , or 5 minutes with a car, minibus or coach. The room has wooden floors and a wooden balcony around the interior of the room. Weather permitting the bride and groom's photographs can be taken in the famous Vittoriale gardens, whilst the group photographs can be taken in the gardens just infront of the building.
Gardone riviera is popular not only for its beauty but also due to the location, just 20 minutes by car from Brescia airport.
The history of this village goes back to the Medieval time of the Longobards, as the name recalling "Garda" suggests, from the germanic "warda", fortress. During the Medieval time, Gardone was feud of the Earls of Desenzano and later it belonged to the Bishops of Brescia, with whom he threw in his lot, supporting alternatively the Visconti of Milan and Venice. In 1509, during the war between the Lega of Cambrai, supported by the Pope Giulio II, and Venice, it was plundered, while in 1521 it was part of the Magnifica Patria, the union of the cities on the west coast. In 1797 it was destroyed by Brescia, because it supported the Serenissima.
At the end of the XIX century, a prosperous period began, and the town became one of the most important resorts of the Lake, thanks to Ludwig Wimmer, an engineer from Vienna, who promoted Gardone as winter resort for his fellow countrymen. After Wimmer, d'Annunzio in 1921 helped to make Gardone a famous place thanks to his project of the Vittoriale.