Torri del Benaco
Located at the South of Lake Garda, Torri is one of the smaller lakeside villages.
Even during the height of summer, this resort seems to instill calmness. There is a lovely harbour filled with fishing boats. The castle is just metres away from the harbour.
Weddings can be celebrated either in the castle, or in the St. John’s Church.
This Castle has the unique charm of allowing its couples to celebrate the wedding anywhere in the grounds, either inside or out. (weather permitting). Such places include the boat room (a sort of museum), the ceremony room, the lemon groves, or by the wishing well. There is also a cosy little terrace on the castle tower, with room for up to 15 people.
For larger wedding parties the ceremony can be held in the lemon groves. The lemon grove holds up to 40 people standing. There is also the main ceremony room has which been recently refurbished in quite a modern style with a parquet floor and seats 30/40. Please note that in Torri del Benaco there is seating only for the bride and groom, all the other guests remaining standing during the ceremony.
Weddings can be held as follows:
Monday to Saturday
11.00, 13.00, 15.00, 17.00 or 19.00
St Johns church
The church ‘San Giovanni’ or in English, St. Johns church is now available for civil weddings!
Weddings can be held any day of the week and at various times of the day.
The church is located in Torri del Benaco, just 80 metres from the lakeside and the centre of Torri del Benaco. Although formerly a church, this venue will celebrate only civil wedding ceremonies.
The primitive shape of this church is Romanesque origin (circa 12th century). The hut façade is very simple, marked only by the main entrance and the window adorned with a rail guard directly above. The back of the church is characterized by the lines of the 18th century pentagonal choir.
The interior is a single names that ends in the choir. The frescoes on the wall date from the 13th to te beginning of the 14th century. This Church was closed in 1781 and became property of the state under Napoleon in 1806. The church has been restored and since spring of 2006 has become a museum and an auditorium.